Job Title: Office Coordinator
FLSA: Non-exempt; Part time
Resumes: Email to email@example.com
Position Function: To manage the day to day office tasks, perform bookkeeping and accounting functions and assist with maintaining the organization’s website of Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm.
Supervised by: Administrator
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Quiet Valley with a positive, respectful, and courteous attitude and demeanor with other staff and the public at all times.
- Participate in supervisory and team meetings as requested.
- Know and follow appropriate emergency procedures as set forth by Quiet Valley policy.
- Complete work related tasks, not specifically set forth in the job description, as requested by Supervisor.
- Respond to telephone, email, vocal messages and written correspondence as appropriate. Refer inquiries to staff personnel. Take basic information for school reservations and refer to education director as instructed.
- Prepare correspondence and reports as directed. Record daily attendance.
- Disseminate media information to free papers, maintaining lists of reservations for programs.
- Photocopy and prepare print materials as needed. Laminate signs, etc., as needed.
- Maintain office equipment, including computers, software, and internet services.
- Record financial and in-kind donations. Provide information to administrator; provide reply letters if directed to do so.
- Assist with website postings as required by Marketing Director
- Organize and maintain office files.
- Maintain & purchase office supplies.
- Assist as needed with special events.
- Participate on work place safety committee.
- Work with Administrator and Treasurer of organization to maintain proper balances in accounts and arrange a transfer of funds when the balance in the checking account is insufficient.
- Purchase materials as directed by Administrator.
- Participate in Finance Committee and Budgeting meetings as requested.
- Count daily receipts from Gift Shop and mail, record deposits and deliver to bank.
- Collect, record and pay invoices and bills in a timely manner.
- Create & mail invoices.
- Accurately record all income from admissions, gift shop, sales, etc. in financial management software.
- Process payroll every other week.
- Prepare and file all required monthly and quarterly local, state, and federal payroll taxes and sales taxes.
- Assist Board member on monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Create monthly backup of accounting software.
- Prepare Gift Shop consignment payments as directed by Gift Shop coordinator.
- Reconcile all income accounts quarterly.
- Create financial reports for Administrator and Board of Directors.
- Work with auditors annually, creating reports, recording adjustments to accounting software and providing and explaining records.
- Prepare & file annual payroll tax reports.
- Prepare and distribute yearly W-2 forms to all employees.
- Maintain membership data base.
- Receive & post membership applications. Mail new cards. Prepare and mail renewal invoices.
- Review and send free passes to organizations requesting them for auctions, tricky trays, etc.
- Create monthly backup of membership records.
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of standard accounting procedures and software (Quick Books), payroll creation and reporting, secretarial tasks, office equipment, computers and related software, Publisher, Excel and Access.
The position is approximately 20 – 25 hours per week, varying day to day with the workload, with most work duties taking place during the regular week. Some weekend work required.